Going Home

May 10th 2015 We thankfully only had to spend two nights in the hospital! It is impossible to sleep in that place with people coming i...

May 10th 2015

We thankfully only had to spend two nights in the hospital! It is impossible to sleep in that place with people coming in every hour to check on you or the baby. Plus they have a strict no sleeping with baby policy and personally I enjoy a good nap with the baby on my chest. It was also Mother's Day when I got released so it was a nice present from my doctor to not be stuck in a hospital all day. :-)


Breydon and all of his gifts! He was one spoiled baby! He got a plant from Grandma Cathy and Aunt Bubba. A puppy and blanket from Mamaw and Papaw. A balloon and tractor from Adleigh and Papaw. More balloons from the Cloward family and the monkey from the Herrin family. Adleigh thinks it is all hers... Of course!


Big Sister Adleigh ready to take her brother home! She was unhappy the two nights when she have to go home without us. Adleigh also picked out his going home outfit.


Leaving the hospital as a family of four! (Also I left the hospital the same weight as when I came in: thank you fluid retention!)


Mamaw and Papaw were there to help us transition out of the hospital and spoil Adleigh.


First time in a car seat! We had to buy a new one because Adleigh's we bought used and it had expired! 


Adleigh finally had her baby brother home and wanted to hold him, of course!


I forgot to take a picture of this at the hospital. Papaw bought it for us to hang on our door at the hospital to announce the birth. I loved it!


Adleigh was upset about not getting to hold baby brother constantly. I'm so glad she is obsessed with him rather than feeling like he has taken over.


Since it was Mother's Day I was also greeted by some lovely presents when I got home! This flower Adleigh picked out by herself and planted it in a pot that she also picked out.


Mamaw and Papaw took her to Atwoods where she put this plant together for me. It was so cute and she was very proud of herself for making it!

My sexy husband also knows me well and got me a plant for my present. (I don't love getting flowers since they die so fast). I was pretty spoiled!

Mamaw finally got to cuddle Breydon in the beautiful quilt she made him.


Adleigh wanted a picture with her quilt from Mamaw too. :-)


After Mamaw and Papaw headed home I left the room for 1 minute and came back to this. Sharing is caring, right?

So the night we came home ended up being a crazy one! My mom and sister Bethany were up in McKinney visiting my sister Marah. As they started to come home a huge storm hit us and didn't move off us. We ended up with about 12 inched of rain in just a few hours and everything was massively flooding. The main way to get to our house has a river crossing that was flooded so to get my family to our house was a major undertaking. Plus the road in front of our house was closed! Luckily we were able to get them in just before it got too flooded. But then our house started to flood! So Brian had to go outside and dig trenches in our new grass to divert the water from our house. Then we had to go pull out all of the furniture from our room and Adleigh's room so we could pull up the carpet where it had flooded. We spent the next week sleeping in the formal dining room while my poor mom got to share a bed with Adleigh. Luckily nothing worse happened to our house! Quite a few people ended up with several feet of water in their house. 

This is where my mom had to turn around because police had blocked it off. You can't really tell but that is easily 6 feet of standing water.

This is one of the other ways to get to our house from the freeway. It was really bad too and doesn't really have a place that I would consider a low zone. There was just soo much water it had literally no where to go. Brian actually drove on this road trying to get to work that night because they wanted him to check and make sure everything was okay out there. He drove through this part in his truck and said the water came up to his window. So he turned around and came back. Our friend was about half a mile up the road and ended up having his car go all the way under the water. Luckily he was able to get out. It was a crazy night!


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. That Texas storm make AZ monsoons look like gentle rain showers!!! Scariest drive EVER. Sleeping with Adleigh was easy - we had a bedroom. You, Brian, Bethany and a newborn were having a slumber party in the main part of the house ;)

    ReplyDelete

Facebook

Flickr Images