Week 19

Only one more week left until we are halfway done! It doesn't really feel like a halfway point though. I've known I was pregnant for...

Only one more week left until we are halfway done! It doesn't really feel like a halfway point though. I've known I was pregnant for about 16 weeks now but I still don't really FEEL pregnant. I always expected that pregnancy would be MISERABLE the whole time. But so far I seem to have lucked out (knock on wood) and my life hasn't been too altered. I have a feeling though that I will soon be getting to the harder part aka large belly!


I can really tell that I have a belly now. :-) I'm still not at that point where no one is going to look at me and think "she's pregnant" but its coming! Also isn't it great that the day I don't get ready is time I finally remember to have Brian take a picture of my belly... awesome.

On a more exciting note! I think I have officially been feeling her kick!!! I've thought I have felt her for the past couple weeks but I wasn't positive. But now I'm sure because its pretty consistent and in the right spots. Yay! I've read the next 10 weeks she will be the most active because after that they get more squished. So I'm pretty excited to feel her more and hopefully for Brian to feel her.

My main symptoms are a non painful heartburn (thank goodness for those smoothie Tums!), some acne, backaches, and a massive appetite. I also can no longer sleep on my back which stinks! It's too uncomfortable plus I hear that it is bad for you anyway due to the pressure the uterus puts on the big blood vessels down there. My fatigue seems to have gone pretty much away. As long as I pace myself throughout the day and aren't standing excessively I can be cleaning, cooking and getting stuff done all day. I still do get a good 9 hours of sleep but that still gives me plenty of time to get stuff done.

This past weekend we had lots of fun because Brian's friend Jake came up from Houston to play while his wife was in Utah. We played with horses, played with dogs, walked around our property, watched football, ate sushi... etc.

Jake also came to our branch and we were surprised to be the speakers that day! Someone had asked Brian at mutual if we were going to be there that Sunday and if we could give the talks. Brian told them to ask me but they never did. So we assumed that they had asked someone else... NOPE! Luckily they don't assign topics so we just used some previous talks.

During our talk we announced that we are expecting. We had kept it a secret from most everyone there because I was paranoid about announcing the pregnancy before the 2nd trimester ultrasound. Brian made me announce on Facebook: I wanted to wait on Facebook for the ultrasound as well.

Also, funny story... So everyone at church was complimenting me on how I didn't look pregnant. One lady said, " well of course she doesn't look pregnant she is carrying the baby in her hips. It so easy to see." So apparently I have large childbearing hips... didn't know that one. :-)

Projects

Due to the holidays coming up and also my increase of energy: I have been able to get a ton of crafting stuff done. The main things I got done were a present for my parents and a quilt for my sister. I can't post pictures until they get them but then I will post!

I did do some other stuff :-)

I made this cute tote to haul around all my stuff for YW. It even has a pocket on the inside.



One of my YW had a birthday this week. She had short hair and always wears a pretty clip. So I decided to make her some clips and then decided to make some for baby girl Weirich. BGW got spoiled and all the top row ones are hers!



I've been making lots of onesies. This was for a girl in my ward who just had a baby boy. I forgot to take a picture after it was stitched but you get the picture.




I did this one for my friend Emily's little girl and I'm also making one for our little girl. :-)


Now I get to go finish my Grandpa's scrapbook! Party!



You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. You look so darling! Ha no bump yet! It will come:) so so excited for you two! She will be the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the cutest and craftiest! I'm so excited for you and Brian! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty sure I have mosquito bites that show more than that "bump" you're referring to, but holy cow I'm so happy for you! Good luck with the second half!

    ReplyDelete

Facebook

Flickr Images