Our New Home

So I've been meaning to post about our place for a bit. Since we have limited cell service and zero Internet inside the house it's b...

So I've been meaning to post about our place for a bit. Since we have limited cell service and zero Internet inside the house it's been hard to get around to doing this. I don't even know if this will post...

Well we moved to Rice, Tx (south of Dallas) on the First of August. Brian got a job out here working for our friend James.

We got lucky and found a tiny little place on 18 acres to rent. I needed to bring my filly Nike and my goats :-) Plus they said we could have dogs.



The landlord calls it a "cabin" it doesn't really look like it from the outside though. But we love the big huge Pecan tree in the front.



This is our teeny living room. It fits the two of us just fine! If you notice the walls you will see why it's referred to as a cabin... Wood paneling everywhere!



This is our huge kitchen! It even has a pantry :-) Our only issue is that only one burner works consistently.



This is our room. It's much larger than our last room and has two closets and they are big enough that Brian gets one all to himself.

You may notice the two mirrors behind the bed... Apparently the owner of this place really loved mirrors. There are two more mirrors in the bedroom, three in the bathroom, two in the hallway and three in the 2nd bedroom. Yup we have twelve mirrors in our house!

Want to see a picture of the best surprise about this house?



Why yes that is my forearm completely swollen from poison ivy. Both my forearms and hands are covered as well as my upper arms, my forehead, my neck and parts of my legs. It's easily the most annoying, painful thing and guess who it doesn't affect at all? Brian. Lucky duck. We think the goats got into it and the oils transferred to me. Party.

Other than that its been pretty good living here. :-)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Ah, wood paneling and mirrors. Sounds like fun! We had an apartment with mirrors like that. It was really depressing, especially since I was pregnant with Seth and looking quite chubby.

    Sorry about the poison ivy. That stuff is the devil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poison ivy any better? Your cabin is so much roomier than your first apt. in Provo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! Fun to see your cute lil place!! Your poor arm, though my goodness--and body! I can just imagine how awful awful awful. What fun adventures you are getting from Rice Texas!

    ReplyDelete

Facebook

Flickr Images