Baby Update

So blogging from my iPhone app hasn't been working and we don't have Internet at the house. So posting has been nonexistent. I hav...


So blogging from my iPhone app hasn't been working and we don't have Internet at the house. So posting has been nonexistent. I have some written but won't post. Something about the pictures... So now I have to post on the browser which means I can't upload pictures. It's probably my fault since I haven't upgraded to the new OS6 because I hate the new navagation!

I'll give a pregnancy timeline pretty much to help me remember.

About a week before we moved to Rice (August 1st) I started feeling queasy. Then after moving in I starting needing to wake up in the middle of the night to use the potty.

I didn't say anything to Brian because I didn't want to get him too excited. But on August 6th our sister-in-law Jessica announced she was 9 weeks pregnant. We were at Walmart and I turned to Brian and said "we are pregnant too." He didn't believe me but I threw a pregnancy test in the basket. After the positive showed up I handed him the test and said "told ya so!" We were about 5 weeks along.

The next week we went to Fredericksburg. My mother-in-law was joking with me and said "I bet you're going to get pregnant since you don't have health insurance." I lied :-) My sister-in-law Kim was there and cornered me and could tell I lied. Brian's grandma told us later she thought I looked pregnant when she saw us. I'm not sure how she got that since I'm 16 weeks now and still not showing...

So on September 12th we went to a free prenatal clinic. After some counseling on our options for what we can do for our baby (umm... Thanks but no thanks we would like to keep it :-) I had a health screening. At ten weeks along I still hadn't gained any weight which was amazing because I only didn't feel sick when I was eating... So I ate a lot!
Then we got to see our little baby bean and hear the heartbeat! The little bean was moving and wiggling and kicking like crazy. It even waved at us which was pretty cool! The tech let us watch it for about 10 minutes and she took tons of pictures.

On October 6th we went to Brian's parents for Conference and announced to the families that weekend. We gave our parents picture frames with pictures of the ultrasound, Camo announcing being a big brother and 3 boots. We also mailed them to our grandparents.

On October 23rd we finally went to our OB! After a thorough check-up (Brian and I were both a little shocked at how thorough) we got to hear the heart beat again. They found it really quick! I tried to weasel in an ultrasound but the doctor was already behind due to an emergency C section that morning. 

So on November 6th instead of voting for the future President... We will be hopefully finding out the gender of the little baby bean. Brian (and his WHOLE family) are convinced it's a boy. I'm voting against them for a girl :-)

Ps. I'd post belly pictures but really right now it's not really noticeable except to me. But mostly I just look thicker in the abdominal area.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Congratulations Kenna, I'm so happy for you!! Lucky baby.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading stuff like this! Keep it up!

    And you'd better go vote AFTER that ultrasound--otherwise we could end up with a crazy Mormon for president. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha... Umm... I may not be a registered voter... :-) Grandpa Mikesell already lectured me on it! But we all know Romney will win Texas.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't spell, let's try that again...

    I have many many more nosy mom questions... I believe you 'fudged' a lot answering my medicine questions these past months :P An ultrasound and a crazy Mormon would be a splendid way to celebrate Nov 6th :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I had no idea!! Congrats Kenna!!

    ReplyDelete

Facebook

Flickr Images