Maryland Adventure Part 1 ~ We Arrive

August 19th and 20th 2015 So I was helping my mom look for tickets to fly my sister Beth back from her visit to Maryland. Just for fun...

August 19th and 20th 2015

So I was helping my mom look for tickets to fly my sister Beth back from her visit to Maryland. Just for fun I decided to check and see flights from Maryland to Dallas. They were ridiculously cheap, so I texted Megan and tried to convince her to come out and visit Texas. Since she has 3 kids and I only have 2, we decided that I should go out there. We planned the trip for a time when my mom was already going to be out there and then roped Marah and Beth into being there as well. Girls Trip! Poor Jon... :-)

The cheap tickets were nice and early so the kiddos were dragged out of bed around 4am. But they handled it like a champ! Adleigh was a little confused about why Daddy wasn't going but luckily she didn't get upset when he walked away. She did get upset when I had to put her backpack through the x-ray machine... Silly girl!


Some last Daddy time for Mr. Breydon before we went through security. Not sure why I bothered to bring the stroller... Breydon refused to go in it and Adleigh wanted to walk. It was a very fancy luggage hauler.


Breydon's first plane flight! He was awesome! Slept pretty much the whole time! The worst part was he woke up when we landed and he was ready to be moving around. But there was no gate for us to park in so we were stuck on the tarmac for 15 minutes and he was not happy about that. 


Family selfie! 


Mom fail! I thought those ear buds would stay in her ears. So I rigged them to stay in her ears with my headband. I guess I need to get the old fashioned kind. Another fun story was trying to change her diaper. I kept trying to make it up to the front to change it but i was further back so people kept beating me up there. I finally made it up and the Captain came out so I was kicked back to my seat. When I finally made it back up again they told me that the changing table was in the back, gah! All the other plane I have been on have had the changing table in the front. The flight attendant felt bad for me and let me change her on their bench.


We finally made it to Maryland and the kids were in cousin heaven!


Crazy boys!


Adleigh loved playing princesses with Catherine.


And stripping down to show all Megan's liberal neighbors what having a redneck neighbor would be like. :-)


There was also lots of iPad time.


Seth loved Breydon and Breydon loved Seth!


Breydon also loved Seth's Minecraft Creeper. The perfect size for holding and chewing.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Facebook

Flickr Images