Christmas in Corsicana

Jingle Bell Jog One morning we woke Adleigh up bright and early to go run a race with us. It was only $10 more for the Family to r...


Jingle Bell Jog

One morning we woke Adleigh up bright and early to go run a race with us. It was only $10 more for the Family to run than just Brian to run. But since I was pregnant and hadn't ran much I opted to do the Mile race and Brian did the 5K.


Adleigh was not quite sure what all these weird people in red were up to.


Brian in the starting line for the 5K, it was chip timed and the mile race was not.


A photo the newspaper photographer took... But I wasn't going to pay $5 to get a nice copy.


Brian running to the Finish Line. My only goal was to make sure I was back from my run before he crossed the line. Basically I had to not walk the whole thing to beat him back. :-) But I beat him to the finish line so we could cheer him on as he crossed!


I ended up placing 2nd in my age group in the mile. Shocker! Next year maybe I'll try to place in the 5K.


Adleigh stole my medal... She obviously worked harder than I did on that run.


Brian got First in his age group and 2nd place overall! He was not happy about the 2nd place overall but he barely lost. Also, he hadn't run in over 5 months so I thought it was pretty awesome. He beat all the guys in the Corsicana running club who run almost everyday.


Family of winners! ;-)


Corsicana Parade

That evening was the parade which is a HUGE deal in this town. The parade is close to two hours long and you have to get there super early if you want a spot. We parked our truck there around 11 am and carpooled with friends back. A bunch of other families from church parked near us so it was a real party at the parade.


This was my favorite "float" in the parade. It was a semi with the sides taken off and they filled it with lights.


Adleigh and I. She was pretty much a wimp and wouldn't leave my lap.


Adleigh and Daddy. She did enjoy all the candy she got. (We gave most of it to the Missionaries).


Family shot at the parade.


Our Home

We didn't go all out on our house since we were only around for a few weeks in December. Adleigh was super excited about watch Brian hanging the lights. She talked about "Daddy up high lights" for weeks! The sad thing is that on our whole street only two other homes put up lights. We live near a bunch of Scrooges. 


Despite not being home for Christmas Day; we had to buy a tree. I wouldn't feel the Christmas spirit without decorating a tree. So we just bought the smallest tree at Home Depot but I enjoyed having the wonderful tree smell in my house.


Our beautiful tree. It was so little that we had to raise it up so it wouldn't look dumb in the window.


Adleigh was a big fan of the ornaments... so we didn't put a single glass ornament on the tree this year. I was worried she would tip it over and break everything.


Helping Daddy put Christmas stickers on the window.


We celebrated Christmas Sunday with Brian a week earlier since Adleigh and I would be in Fredericksburg and Brian would be in Corsicana on the actual Sunday. (Bishopric duties and he had to work for 2 days before Christmas).


Opening up the dogs presents from my Mom so that they wouldn't have to share their treats with Fat Roxy (Brian's parents dog).


Our cool sign we found at Canton trade days.


Corsicana has a huge tree in down town. Adleigh loved driving by it to see the big "balls". So finally I decided we would go see it. 


Look at the balls!





And awesome selfie. :-)






You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I'm impressed you ran pregnant - even for a mile! LOVE the giant tree in your town, and Adleigh putting the star on your tree :)

    ReplyDelete

Facebook

Flickr Images