Rooster Cogburn Ostrich Farm

  November 24th. Between Tucson and Phoenix there is an Ostrich Farm/Petting Zoo. We moved to Tucson in 1997 and have never stopped. So ...

 November 24th.

Between Tucson and Phoenix there is an Ostrich Farm/Petting Zoo. We moved to Tucson in 1997 and have never stopped. So my mom decided that it was time for us to go check it out and I am so glad that we did!

When you pay to enter each adult gets a big cup full of feed, some peanuts, tokens for the duck feed and some bird nectar. Then you go into the back arena where all the animals are. The first stop was the miniature donkeys.


Adleigh was one happy camper!


Then you went and fed the deer. There was lots of spilled feed on the ground so we just picked that up and saved our feed.


Adleigh liked seeing the animals but was too wimpy to feed them.


After the deer came the boar goats. 


Still too afraid to feed but definitely a fan of seeing them.


They had an explanation on the wall about kissing the goats... so obviously I had to try it. You just put a piece of feed sticking out of your lips and the goat will grab it. I did it with the longest pieces :-) I also convinced my sister Megan to do it! She wouldn't let me take a picture...


We finally made it to the ostriches. You could either put the feed through a hole to their feeder or put it flat on your palm. Or do what I did and get your feed cup too close and the freaking ostrich tried to steal the whole cup!


 Adleigh and some very tall friends!


The next area was full of pygmy goats! We actually got Adleigh to feed and pet one. Until...


The dumb goat tried to eat her shirt! Then she would have no more to do with the goats.



My mom was in pet spoiler heaven! Maybe I should get her a pygmy goat for their backyard! ;-)


After feeding the prairie dogs the peanuts and then the ducks (I didn't get any good pictures) we went into the aviary. The birds are smart enough that they could open the little container of nectar themselves.


I make a really good roost.


Family selfie with the birds.


Adleigh and Grandma... Too focused on the birds to look at the camera.


There was also some fish in the pond that the girls enjoyed watching.


And Brian was enjoying pestering this bird. The bird had some anger issues and Brian kept following it and it kept biting him. 

This was definitely a fun little adventure that I recommend to anyone in the area!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. We'll definitely have to make it a new tradition when everyone is home. Fun day!

    ReplyDelete

Facebook

Flickr Images