The Great Wyoming Eclipse

August 21st 2017 We were lucky enough to be fairly close to the path of totality of the eclipse. We could have drove 2 hours to be in ...

August 21st 2017

We were lucky enough to be fairly close to the path of totality of the eclipse. We could have drove 2 hours to be in the path of totality but Brian was working nights and I was getting closer to my due date. My parents actually drove up and went to Rexburg, ID where it was 100% totality. I seriously thought about driving up there but I didn't want to take the kids by myself and risk going into labor or getting stuck in the crazy traffic. So we watched it from the comfort of our own home and luckily my Dad ordered some of those special glasses for my Grandparents. It was a 12 pack, so we took 2. I had totally spaced it and by the time I remembered, all the prices were jacked up.

The kids looking at the beginning of the eclipse. Im not sure if Breydon actually saw it but Adleigh could!

The beginning!

Very exciting!

This is as much as it got covered for us. It was pretty cool to watch and definitely got less bright. Not dark but eerily overcast.

Brian had me wake him up for a few minutes of it. Then he went back to sleep.

The baby enjoyed it too and did not have any complications from watching it... despite what some of the crazy woman on my mother's chat group said. I was kind of hoping he would come that day but nope!

Showing off that it was dark in the house.

This is the picture that my Dad took up in Rexburg. Pretty cool! The next one, Brian's parent's house is in the 100% totality area so we are going to have to go there for that one!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I bet the reason Austin came so early was because of the eclipse ;D

    ReplyDelete

Facebook

Flickr Images