Accidental Mud Fest

March 17th 2017 With our tax return we decided to get a bike for me that could haul a bike trailer so we could go on family rides. Bri...

March 17th 2017

With our tax return we decided to get a bike for me that could haul a bike trailer so we could go on family rides. Brian's bike frame is super lightweight so it can't haul a trailer. My 3rd trip out with the trailer I sprung a leak in the tire 2 miles back uphill from our house. The plan was for me and the children to drive down to the river bike path in the SUV and then leave from there. Adleigh convinced me to leave from our house which ended up being the wrong decision. The bike trailer tire was so flat that I had to pull the kids out and make them walk but Breydon didn't want to walk. So I had to walk holding Breydon and the bike, no way we could have made it back up the hill home but totally could have made to where my car should have been parked, dang it. Brian had about 2 hours before he could come save us so I decided to just have the kids play along the river trail.

It was crazy muddy but the kids had a blast. Breydon threw whatever he could find into the water; rocks, sticks, mud, snow.

Clapping your muddy hands is so fun!

Adleigh was either making mud castles or joining Breydon throwing things in the water.

Muddy hands! Luckily her boots were better than the moccasins poor Breydon was wearing.

Happy muddy children! They lasted the whole time without complaining! Luckily I had food and water for them or it probably wouldn't have gone as well.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Facebook

Flickr Images