Baby Shower

I didn't think I was going to have a baby shower since we are pretty new to this area. My sis-in-law Jessica offered to do one but she i...

I didn't think I was going to have a baby shower since we are pretty new to this area. My sis-in-law Jessica offered to do one but she is due 4 weeks before me so I didn't want to stress her out that close to her due date :-)

So I got very spoiled when my friends from out of town (Emily lives in Dallas and Sabra in Houston) planned one for me!

It was supposed to be a surprise but I messed that up. Whoops!

This is the beautiful invitation that Emily had designed by someone on Etsy. I LOVE it!



Emily also had a baker in Dallas make a cake of the invitation. So obviously I loved it too :-)



The decorations were darling! This was the entrance table with the cute picture they had the guests sign. You can also see the party favors which contained regular and frosted animal crackers and a pink caramel popcorn ball. The baby food jars were a game where they had to guess what type of food it contained.



This is the refreshments table. They served us pre sliced vegetable and ranch cups, a fruit tray, cream puffs, and delicious Boars Head turkey wraps!



An amazingly flattering picture of me and the gift table. Brian's grandma took pictures so hopefully some of hers turned out better!



You can see this diaper cake in the previous picture but it was just soo cute! Emily made this for me as well and it's full of tons of baby essentials. I still haven't taken it apart because its just too pretty!

We played three other games beside the baby food one. The first one was a list with lines from well known Nursery Rhymes and we had to write down the title of the rhyme. I did terrible. I got 4 out of about 20!

The next game involved the diaper bag Sabra got. She filled it with baby essentials and had my guests write a list of what they thought would be in there. Whoever guessed the most right won.

The last game was very nice for me because I hate opening presents in front of people. But they turned gift opening into a game. It was bingo but with presents. The guests filled in the blanks with presents they thought I would get. Then as I opened each present they could mark off when they guessed right until they got a bingo. It was nice because it took some of the focus off me. :-)


Sitting in the middle of the room with my massive pile of presents!



This is the blanket and burp cloth that my Grandma Danice made for the baby. It's so cute and full of animals which I think is appropriate!



This was probably Brian's favorite present. It's from his Aunt Bev. It's a John Deer jumper with matching socks and little pink boots.



I also got another diaper cake from a girl in my ward! She also has spoiled me with tons of hand me downs from her little girl!



Sabra sent me this picture. It's a slightly better one of me ;-) Also the dress is from Toni in my branch and its from a local boutique here in Corsicana. Brian and I went there and checked it out. The clothing there is super cute!



I forgot to take a group shot of everyone that came :-( But luckily I remembered to get a family shot! Aunt Bev, Grandma Faye, Me, Brenda and Hannah. Hannah is due in June with a boy!



The "extended" family shot with Sabra and Emily. :-) I'm very grateful that they are close enough that we can see each other fairly frequently. I also very much appreciate the beautiful baby shower they threw for me! I couldn't have imagined a better party. Love you girls!!!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. So fun! I think all pregnant girls deserve a party, I'm glad you got to have one!

    ReplyDelete

Facebook

Flickr Images