Our Birthdays

Obviously I never blogged about my birthday and Brian's was yesterday so I will just combine them. :-) Just so that I can remember! Kenn...

Obviously I never blogged about my birthday and Brian's was yesterday so I will just combine them. :-) Just so that I can remember!
Kenna's Birthday

For my birthday I wanted to "get away" but my doctor told me no long road trips. :-/ So we decided to go up to Dallas and at least get out of Corsicana.

We were planning on staying in a hotel but Emily and Bush offered us their spare bedroom. So we decided to save the hotel money and spend it on a couples massage! Unfortunately since it was the weekend of Valentines we needed to have booked a massage 2 months in advanced. So we are going to get one after the baby is born :-)

The night before my birthday Emily and Bush took us out to eat at the Cheesecake Factory! We even splurged and got a delicious piece of cheesecake! Then Brian and I went to Barnes and Nobel and bought a childbirth book I'd been looking for. Then we went back to Em and Bush's and I took a bubble bath in their large guest tub :-)

The next day Bush made us all omelets for breakfast and then Brian sent Emily and I shopping! We went to Carter's and Baby's R Us. I got some cute outfits for the baby and a changing pad and cover.

Next we met the boys at Cabelas and got some kettle corn. Then we went to BJ's for lunch. Our last stop of the day in Dallas was to Kroger's to get my favorite Boar's Head Deli meat and some asparagus.

Brian and I then headed home to have a lovely meal at home and spend some relaxing time together. I also got to open the surprise presents Brian got me: a body pillow (which I can't live without anymore) and a shirt for when I'm not prego anymore.


My lovely birthday spoils :-)


Lovely me and my birthday spoils. Also it's tradition in Brian's family to get your favorite chocolate milk on your birthday, so Brian got me the Oak Farms, Yummy!


Brian made me a funfetti cake! I ate probably 3/4's of it over the next week... Whoops!


Birthday Girl and Birthday Candles :-)

Brian's Birthday

We went out to Fredericksburg the weekend before Brian's Birthday to meet our new nephew Ian. It was also convenient timing to have an early birthday celebration with his family. Brian's dad cooked us some delicious steaks and then his mom made a yummy strawberry pie.


Brian and his strawberry pie cake :-)

For Brian's actually birthday he had to work and I had been put on bedrest :-/ But I sent him to work with some of his favorite treats laffy taffy, coconut cookies and multigrain pringles. Then Brian's boss and coworkers took him out for lunch. I was headed home from my Doc's Appt so I may have stopped by for lunch despite being on bedrest :-)

Brian got off work on time so we had some time to spend to spend together before he had to go to mutual. He also got to meet the triplet goats that were born that day! Which is funny because their father is one of the goats that was born on his birthday last year!


The triplets, the boy is nearest to the camera and the two girls are in the back.


Camo is very excited to have more baby goat friends! He is a very good goat watcher. He doesn't try to eat them anymore but boy does he love to smell them.

Brian then got to see my present for him!


I made him a man cake. It was supposed to have more of his favorite treats on it... But I got put on bedrest before I had bought it all! Luckily while in Fredericksburg I had snuck out and bought two candles from an amazing candle shop out there. And Brian loves having candles burning and having a good smelling house :-)


The rest of his present was a bunch of plants and seeds to start our garden! Brian's mom is an excellent gardener and last year we helped out with their massive garden. So we had been talking about doing a small one here, so I got him a bunch of plants he was wanting. He got two types of tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, two types of cucumber and a watermelon. I also got him a seed starting kit and green bean, peas and black diamond watermelon seeds.

Then he headed off to Mutual. He even got spoiled there with a yummy cookie cake!


After mutual he ate his favorite meal (that we cook not his dad :-), glazed pork chops and asparagus. His last surprise was that I made him a cake... I told him I hadn't (since I'm on bedrest) and he was sad because he always gets a German Chocolate Cake on his birthday. But I'd cheated, making a cake didn't make me have to stand too long :-) And I had hid it in the microwave!


The beautiful cake!


The happy birthday boy and his favorite cake.


Blowing out his candles after he had made me sing the birthday song 3 times! He kept breathing too hard and blowing out one candle during the song :-)

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Dad and I were trying to figure out what was on the top of Brian's cake - candles! We thought it was bath salts or something :D

    ReplyDelete

Facebook

Flickr Images