34 weeks!

So I planned on blogging weekly about the pregnancy... Obviously I did awesome on that! It's hard to blog in the winter when you have to...

So I planned on blogging weekly about the pregnancy... Obviously I did awesome on that! It's hard to blog in the winter when you have to go outside to use the internet. :-)

Anyway at the beginning I did a little questionnaire about the pregnancy so I thought it would be fun to do it again.

How far along? I am 34 weeks. Yay!

This may be the last belly picture I take if I get much bigger! :-)

Size of the Baby: I haven't had an ultrasound since about week 22 so I don't know her exactly size. But according to my pregnancy books she is between 4.75 and 5 lbs. My Doctor said she most likely will be a bigger baby... Party.

Maternity Clothes: Obviously yes. I do have some Pre-pregnancy shirts that fit but only because they were baggy or stretchy. And I do enjoy wearing sweat pants and Brian's shirts on lazy days :-)

Weight gain: 35 lbs. blah! Sometimes I don't believe it since all my bras are still on the same notch, my ring fits and my pants all fit the same... But scales don't lie! I do think my face gained 10lbs though.

Sleep: I no longer look forward to bedtime. It's not exactly restful anymore. I only have to use the potty once a night (at 2 am without fail) but I can't get comfortable! I can't sleep on my back without feeling like I'm being squished, but sleeping on either side gives me massive upper back and rib pain. So I basically rotate positions when the pain gets bad... It's very fun.

Stretch marks: :-( Brian pointed out a few small ones on my hips yesterday. Not my happiest moment. But luckily so far none on the tummy.

Best moment of the week: Well last week was my baby shower which was awesome! And I got everything I need to fill my diaper bag, so putting it together was my accomplishment of the week.

We decided to have two diaper bags. The paisley green one will be my everyday one, it was a birthday present from my parents. The pink one will be kept in the trunk of our car and will contain emergency supplies ie: extra outfits, diapers, wipes, medicine, bathing stuff, etc. It was given to me at my baby shower from Sabra and Emily.

Movement: Yes, very much so. She has very distinctive awake and asleep times. And when she is awake, she is REALLY awake! She moves around like a puppy on caffeine! It's crazy to see my tummy move soo much! Luckily she doesn't seem to enjoy hitting my ribs. I've only had a few rib shots.

Symptoms: Heartburn, nasty freaking heartburn. Back pain: it's more comfortable for me to sit on the floor against a wall than on a couch. Hunger all the time and I want ice cream or cake all the time (we got rid of 99% of our sweets to remove the temptation).

Food Cravings: Ice Cream, cake, donuts, turkey lunch meat, fruit (especially pluots! It's a plum apricot hybrid and I LOVE them), cheese and crystal lite is the newest one.

Gender: Tomboy :-) haha, my mother in law keeps telling us that our girl is going to beat up on her two boy cousins that will be her age.

Belly button in or out: In/pretty much flat. I can push on it and it will indent which is weird!

Anything make you queasy or sick: for some reason I have a hard time eating cooked chicken cubes. We usually do that and throw it in with rice or a soup but I can't hardly eat it! But a whole breast or shredded is fine... Go figure! Also fish still gets me, but I eat it anyway to add variety into our meals.

Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks all the time. My uterus better be freaking toned with all the work its doing.
Wedding ring on or off: On, when I remember to wear it!

What I miss: Sleeping on my tummy, sitting on a couch and not the floor, and having a waistline.

What I am looking forward to: Haha, not being pregnant anymore... I know it's a blessing to be pregnant but I sure miss life without being all achy.

Nursery: We finally finished making over her bassinet! Now we are trying to find a dresser that will double as a changing table. I'm hoping the nesting drive will come soon and help me get her room organized because right now all my crafting stuff is everywhere.

A little corner of her room! I stole the poof balls from my shower, Emily gave me the super cute picture, the elephant is from Grandma Cathy, the frog from Papaw and the mouse was mine as a baby :-)


The finished bassinet! It was a joint effort between Brian and I to get that sucker painted. Rather than sand for hours I used a primer that sticks to anything, even plastic! And Brian spray painted it. Oh and the lovely blanket was made by Grandma Cathy!


Her little storage area. Right now it's holding all her stuff but eventually I would like to get more books on there. We just need to get a dresser for the other stuff. Oh and the mirror was Brian's Great Grandmas!


Last but not least... The closet! This does not have her pajamas or anything larger than month 6. Now I did not go shopping crazy and buy all this, I've probably bought about 10 outfits. Besides the baby shower and other gifts we have also been blessed with TONS of hand me downs!

Emotions: I still don't feel like I got the super crazy, up and down pregnancy emotions. I don't cry during tv commercials or get mad at Brian for no reason... I do get really sad when trying to get dressed up and Brian hates it I'm sure! Pregnancy clothing just isn't that cute unless you spend lots of money... Which I didn't do. I only bought 3 pairs of jeans (2 were under ten dollars) and two shirts. Everything else was given to me or I'm borrowing it.

Welp, that's it! 6 more weeks to go! I'm hoping for a little less and for her to be born April 5th which would give Brian two full weekends and the week of paternity leave to spend with us. But I did learn from one of my books that pregnancy actually is more like 41 weeks but no one really cares about changing the official standard. So I may have 7 weeks left :-) But today my doctor told me he wants her out in 4 weeks and to think positively! But he won't induce me until the 15th of April...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Looks like baby girl will be all taken care of when she decides to make her appearance! And I'm impressed you have everything ready already. I literally got Seth's room done the day I went into labor. Actually, we didn't get the crib/dresser until after he was born...so you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gained 37 lbs with you - and it all came off quickly. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun Kenna, thanks for sharing! One thing I will say is, I know it's so hard those last few weeks, but I wouldn't be anxious to get her out early. Let her cook as long as possible. Bigger babies do a lot better on the outside. It's worth an extra week or so of discomfort for a really healthy baby!

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Facebook

Flickr Images