Weirich Family 5k!

December 30th 2017 We had been planning a Weirich family 5k for a while and I had been training for at least 6 weeks for it. Ok well i...

December 30th 2017

We had been planning a Weirich family 5k for a while and I had been training for at least 6 weeks for it. Ok well it was supposed to be a Weirich Family 5k and then most of them dropped out... a few with valid reasons and others were just pansies. 😈

The few, the proud, the Weirich's who showed up to run. 

We finished! The race was not what I was expecting; I guess more Utah style? Tons of people, music, basically a running party but this race there was maybe 50 people and not everyone was doing the 5k some were running a 10k, 13.1 and even a 26.1. Basically it is more like a running club. This lady once a month puts on a "race" everyday for 7 days.  It is timed and she gives out shirts and medals but a lot of the people there seemed to be using it more as practice. The course was pretty but strange. You ran down the trail for 2.5k to a sign and then turned around and ran back which was fine for us. But the 10K guys had to do that twice and the marathon guy would have to do 8 "laps". No way could I do a marathon if I was passing the same thing 16 times. But the price for it being an official marathon race was really cheap compared to most marathons.

Very happy to have crossed the finish line! Brian rocked it, of course, especially since he never has time to run anymore. I hit my goal of never stopping to walk. My other goal was to do it in under 30 minutes. I thought I was on track to do that but then when my watch said I was at 3.1 miles (a 5k) I still wasn't close to the finish line. So either my watch was off or the race was off. I ended up crossing the finish line after 34 minutes. I realized later my watch was on bike mode not run mode so that may have caused some issues. It also made it so I couldn't see my mile splits which really stunk! But hey, I was 4 months post c-section and ran a 5k so I was still happy!

With the organizer of the race. She is a pretty amazing woman. Her name is Parvaneh Moayedi and she has ran over 1001 marathons, ran a marathon on every continent and a bunch of other things.

Her book.


Go us!


We drove back to Kim's house and Austin held onto my finger and told me I could never leave him again.

See mom! I will never let you go!

Fairly soon after arriving at Kim's, Brian got a phone call that his youngest brother had been taken to the hospital in critical condition. When the ambulance took him to the hospital they had animal control come pick up his dog since they didn't know if anyone would be around to take care of him. So we drove way far away to the animal control shelter to pick up Toby. We had to wait a while due to paperwork issues. While waiting we walked around and looked at all the dogs available for adoption and almost left with a few of them. We finally were able to spring Toby loose and took him over to Kim's.

We spent the rest of the day at the hospital. Luckily the hospital gave our very large family a private waiting room and the kids could be a little more loud and crazy. There are only so many things you can do in a waiting room to entertain a kid.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Facebook

Flickr Images