First Easter

Due to Easter being so early last year and later this year; Adleigh had her first Easter as a 1 year old! She got a bunny that said "...

Due to Easter being so early last year and later this year; Adleigh had her first Easter as a 1 year old! She got a bunny that said "Baby's First Easter" but I realized she really isn't a baby anymore! Not quite a toddler yet but certainly not a helpless little baby anymore. Crazy!

I totally spaced getting Adleigh a cute Easter shirt so I decided it was time to be crafty again! I had already dyed the onesie pink before she was even born. Then I cut out a bunny stencil on freezer paper, ironed it on and sprayed some bleach on it. Easy Peasy!


The darling outfit was put to good use when we went and met the Easter Bunny! Which clearly went really well... 


I find this picture HILARIOUS! Poor bunny didn't know what to do and was just standing there waving at her while she screamed. I wonder if he just giggles to himself when he makes kids scream? 


For Easter weekend we drove out to Fredericksburg to party with Brian's family! The Easter Bunny always brings tons of eggs for the cousin egg hunt. :-)


Adleigh also got to celebrate her cousin MacKenzie's 7th birthday. I am definitely glad Adleigh couldn't get that thing to make noise!



Then we decorated some eggs! Adleigh got her own egg to decorate but she just wanted to eat it: like always.




Some of the decorating crew! 


Brian's best egg.


My best egg!




Family selfie that did not go well because Adleigh kept trying to put the egg in her mouth! She succeeded and ended up with a blue mouth!



Adleigh's special Easter Dress! I forgot the cute bow that was suposed to go on the front waist band... But it still looked darling!




Loving on daddy!



Matching Easter Family Outfits. Funny story: I brought super cute shoes to wear but was so busy getting Adleigh ready that I forgot to change out of my ugly flip flops. As we pulled into the church parking lot was when I realized I was wearing flip flops. 




A much cuter photo of the Adleigh Bug. Too bad she stinks at smiling and looking at the camera! 




The Easter Bunny left Adleigh a wonderful basket full of goodies... She went straight for the candy. It's amazing how she can tell what is candy and what isn't. She never gets candy but recognizes it easily. Silly bug!




This is the spot Adleigh stayed the whole Easter Egg Hunt. I put her there hoping she would she all the eggs and crawl around getting them. Nope! She picked the first one up, popped it open and was content sitting right there munching on jelly beans. So I picked her up some for Mommy and Daddy to eat. :-)



Adleigh and her loot! She looks to grown up in this picture! Also her feet look ginormous but that's because we bought her shoes a size up since they didn't have them in size 2.




Then I dragged her over for a photo shoot in the blue bonnets! Every child needs a blue bonnet Easter picture!




Seriously: how cute is this? Much better than a stupid Easter Bunny picture. :-)

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter filled with family, food and faith!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Dad and I were trying to remember, but we don't think we ever went to see the Easter bunny - probably because Santa was so terrifying :) Makes me happy to see Adleigh with her TX family! I'm glad you have family close by :)

    ReplyDelete

Facebook

Flickr Images