Introducing...

The newest members of our little hobby farm!!!! These two cuties were born on March 12, just after midnight. Neither Brian, nor I could slee...




The newest members of our little hobby farm!!!!

These two cuties were born on March 12, just after midnight. Neither Brian, nor I could sleep that night because it was so hot and humid. It got so muggy that Brian got up and opened the window... Five minutes later we heard a loud BBAAAHHH and what I thought was a cry. We listened closer and heard another cry.

We knew a baby had been born and we contemplated going out to check on them/throw the other goats out of the pen. I figured I couldn't sleep anyway so we went out!

The one we heard being born was actually the second baby to my LuLu. We spotted a nice clean baby in the corner and LuLu was cleaning the other.



This is Miss Moonlight, the eldest. Also known as Mooney and Moons. She's the bigger of the two and she is calmer, more timid but loves to be cuddled. I was really excited that she had a black coat because I think black coats are awesome.



This is Maximus Decimus Meridius :-) Ok Brian says I can only call him Maximus but whatever... It has also been suggested we call him Goateus Maximus (like gluteus maximus ;-). He is the second born and slightly smaller. Max is very adventurous, always getting in trouble with his mother and loves to be held, once you catch him. He looks a lot like his Daddy but has a white spot on his head like his Mommy.



The proud father! Actually he has gotten more needy since we spend so much time with the babies and he feels neglected.



Sleepy babies!



Cuddling with each other.



A cute picture of Max with Mommy getting ready to nudge him.



Mooney is soo pretty! I love her brown eyebrows!

We also have four very interested dogs trying to see the babies. LuLu won't let them near though! But they still attempt to go see the babies... The funniest sight of the day was this:



Yes that is Roxy, the chocolate lab. When you pet her, she literally falls backwards to expose her belly for petting and makes this face! I'm glad I finally caught it on camera!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Facebook

Flickr Images