Year in Review 2011

Well everyone else is doing this so I figured I should as well! We had a crazy year and I didn't get to post about much, so I can ...

Well everyone else is doing this so I figured I should as well!

We had a crazy year and I didn't get to post about much, so I can post it now. :-)

January: We spent New Years in Texas and then headed back to Provo to finish moving into our first tiny apartment. Brian had his first BYU track meet of his Senior Year. He was also elected team captain!



With our little tree in our tiny apartment.

February: My Birthday month :-) We also were spoiled and got to go to NYC with the BYU track team. We got to spend almost 5 days touring the crazy city. Also my sister had her baby Sarah Catherine, two days after my birthday. Then I drove to New Mexico with Sarah to watch Our boys at indoor conference. Brian and his DMR team place first and qualified for Nationals!



On top of the Empire State Building.

March: Brian's birthday month! We also were flown by BYU to College Station, Texas so Brian could compete in the DMR at Indoor Nationals. His team WON!



College Station, inside A&M's massive football stadium.



The Champion DMR team!

April: I went to Rexburg with my Mother-in-law, Sarah and Tracy while the boys were gone to a track meet. Brian got presented an award at the BYU Y awards (athlete recognition awards). Brian and I ran in a track meet together! And of course... Mr. Brian GRADUATED!


After my race at the track meet! My family was there and got to watch both of us run!



At Graduation with Peter and Nicole.

May: We bought Rick a dog, Roxy, and took care of her for two weeks. She came with us on a weekend vacation to Rangely, Colorado. Then we went the Track Outdoor Conference where I watched Brian run for the last time as a college athlete. Next I went to Moab with the Allred families while Brian was competing for the last time as a collegiate athlete in Regionals. Then I had a pretty bad accident when I was thrown from our horse.


In Rangely with Roxy.

June: We decided to move to Rangely, Co to earn more money. Brian had about a 4 day notice to move to Colorado to start his job, I stayed longer to train someone to take over my job. We also participated in the Dirty Dash with some friends. In Rangely, we helped a rancher heard and brand his cows. Brian came to Utah for Father's Day so we could go see my Grandpa Bud.



The dirty dash!



Father's day celebration!

July: We were invited by James and Tracy to go see Brad Paisley at the Stadium of Fire! We also had pretty sweet seats! Then we went camping up in Aspen Grove area with Josh, Sarah and Victor for the 4th. My Family came into town and we took them out horseback riding. I spent time with them during the week while Brian went back to Colorado. I worked my last week with TURN and moved to Colorado. We went and explored Colorado with Bush and Em and hiked to a beautiful place called Hanging Lake.



At the Stadium of Fire



The pretty hike we went on while camping.

August: We drove to Arizona because we sold my lovely car to my parents :-(. Then went and spent time with my Mikesell grandparents in Logan before Brian started his EPIC relay race. I went along with him and we spent some time in Jackson Hole before going to Utah. I stayed in Utah with Brian's family while Brian went back for work. We meet back up in Yellowstone and had a Weirich family camping trip there. Then Brenda taught me how to can salsa and peach jam.



Brian and part of his Epic Relay team.



In Yellowstone.

September: For Labor day we went to Grand Junction Colorado and had a BYU 880 reunion, party! Then Brian ran a half marathon in Price, Ut with Bush. From there we drove to spend some time in Vegas with Bush, Em, Jake and Sabra. Then drove to Cali! The next day we went on our cruise to Mexico. After the cruise it was a blur or finishing my Grandpa's scrapbook and packing to move to Texas. Then we attend Grandpa Bud's 80th birthday and drove down to Texas.



Big fish tank in the Venetian Hotel.



On the Pier in Newport Beach

October: We drove to Utah twice this month, once to sell our truck and the second to buy hay. While in Utah Brian also got to be the Grand Marshall of BYU Homecoming and lead the parade. We also bought some goats! Our Halloween celebration consisted of carving pumpkins and then chasing a crazy cow after it escaped from the Auction.



In Durango, Co on our first drive to Utah.

November: We both started our real jobs this month, at the hospital and doing tile. Our little farm grew more with the chicks joining the family. Brian's dad took all the Texas Weirichs camping in the Texas "mountains". We stayed in Texas for Thanksgiving and had yummy fried turkey. We then went to Seely, to visit Brian's mom's family and then Kyle to see the Turnbows. We also road in the Marble Falls Christmas light parade on the Sprint float.



Camping with the Family



Our yummy pumpkin roll we made.

December: We started this month off with Brian getting stuck in New Mexico for three days due to a broken trailer and bad weather. He also picked up our massive dog Camo. We had our First Anniversary! Since it was a Sunday we celebrated it all week by getting sushi, eating at Johnny Carinos, going to the Riverwalk and the Alamo. We also ate at a place in Tucson called Hifalutin. We spent a week in Tucson for Christmas and finished the year in Texas.



The Riverwalk.


Happy Anniversay!

Overall I think we had an amazing first year of marriage! 2011 was great and we hope 2012 is just as amazing!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Facebook

Flickr Images